Sunday, May 18, 2008

Ogden 1/2 Marathon, and Rick's first.



Rick did AWESOME! What a great day. :)


What fun. Rick ran his first ½ marathon yesterday. As I predicted he left me in the first 20 seconds of the race, and I never saw him again until I crossed the finish line. We both struggled the last few miles. Rick struggled because he only stopped at ONE water station, and he took a GU without water. He had never used a GU, and it made him sick. (Is he CRAZY!?) And I struggled because I needed a prota-potty and there wasn’t one...Oh, well, I made it.:)

Rick beat my personal best ½ time 1:44 on the first try. He finished 1:43.....WHATEVER! He didn’t even train....he sucks! But, I’m really proud of him. Way to go Hon.



These are pics of us after the race together.

Photobucket

Here is Rick Finishing. I wish it was more clear, but my kids were the photographers.

Photobucket


Here is my finish. They did better with this pic. :) I finished 1:51.
Photobucket


These are my girls. L to R: Missy, Me, Becky, Teresa, and Stacy below.
Photobucket



Missy, Teresa, Rick, and ME!
Photobucket

These are some of the girls in my Boot Camp class. They are young and fun. I have enjoyed getting to know them this year.



Corbin, Channy, and Challis with the cow bells they cheered with.



Corb, Channy, Challis and my Mom came to cheer us on at the finish line. It ment a lot to us. Thanks for being so supportive. We love you.


After the race we came home and chilled watching TV. But later we saw Challis off as he went to Prom with Melissa. Then my friend Leslie made us a wonderful dinner and we sat and gabbed around a fire. It was the perfect ending to a really great day.

I'll have pics of Prom posted as soon as I get them.


1 comment:

Amber said...

Wow, great job Rick and Tiff! This is awesome. It must feel great to finish a race. I loved your last post about everything you do to get ready for a run, but hey, you have what you need when you need it...well, except the port a potty.