Sunday, May 25, 2008

Challis' talent

Self Portrait


As you may have read, Challis’ favorite subject in school was art. The other day Challis brought home a folder that the school district had kept on him. In it there was the drawing above. His first Self Portrait. Who could have seen his talent? lol. The funny thing is....the drawing actually reminds me of him with it’s long neck and long skinny limbs.

I wondered if they had kept it because of the guns blazing in both hands. The thing is....he wasn’t even allowed to have guns when he was little. I thought this would be good for him and make him less violent. Instead he imagined everything as a gun, and I do mean everything. He became obsessed with the things, and eventually...I had to give in. (Rick would like me to clarify that he doesn’t own any guns. I meant, I gave into play guns when he was little.)

1 comment:

Amber said...

Cute self portrait. Funny how boys will make everything into a gun no matter how much we try to keep them from doing it. I've given up on the no guns rule with my boys. One of the many things I said I would never do and am now. :)
Have a good time with graduation. I'm guessing your company is probably already there or arriving real soon. We will see you all on Saturday!