Thursday, May 15, 2008

District Track Meet

Silver and Bronze.
We really had a great time watching Corbin run in the District Track Meet yesterday. Rick, Grandma Dorman and me (Tiff,) were there to watch. Above is Corbin with his silver metal.






Above, Corbin is the 3rd runner in the pic, but he passes both runners in time.


Above is Corbin's 4X4 Relay Team. They took Silver (second place.)
L to R: Corbin, Frank, Ramón, and Alex. BTW, Frak (in black) says that hair do is "aerodynamic". Hey, whatever works!






This is the 4X4 team on the podium.





This is Corbin with his 4X1 Relay Team. They took the Bronze (third.) They were a little disappointed by this, because they had beaten the teams that took 1st and 2nd earlier in the year. But, 3rd is nothing to be ashamed of, and I think they should be proud. L to R: Darren, Corbin (or shady,) Jared, and Bryan.







4X1 Team on the podium.

Just a side note, today I’m grateful once again that I have medical insurance, because without it, I couldn’t afford to have Corbin as a son. He called me from school and said he needed me to come pick him up to get stitches. We went and of course he asked the Dr. tons of questions about the suturing process. He really likes to learn about that kind of stuff. He thinks it’s cool. I’ve lost count of how many times he’s had stitches, but it’s a lot.

Oh, Yeah! Corbin made it to 6 feet. He's really happy about that. I kept teasing him that he’d never see 6 feet tall. Now his goal is to be taller than Challis....we’ll see.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Way to go Corbin! A runner just like his mom. He is getting so tall and what a handsome guy :)