Friday, May 30, 2008

Graduation

Whooohooooooooooooooooooo! YEAH! WHOOOOOHOOOOO! HE DID IT!!!!! WE LOVE YOU CHALLIS!!!!

Here he his! OUR GRADUATE! CHALLIS R. GATTEN! CLASS OF 2008.


It was a big night at Weber St. Dee Event Center. There was a huge crowd and a sea of green because there were over 650 Falcons there to graduate. Challis had all his grandparents there to see him get his diploma and celebrate his accomplishment.


Of course we (Tiff and Rick) were there. We were so happy, and so proud. It was a time of reflection for us as well as Challis. It left me a little teary to see all the kids who’ve wandered through my life, kids that I’ve watched grow and become such fun individuals there moving on to the next phase of their lives. Most of them I’ll never see again. But my heart is full with hope and love for them all. I will be anxious to here where their lives take them in time.



It was also a time to think back on all those science projects, state reports, spelling tests, times table charts, the time I spent teaching Chal to write his ABC’s, and the times (almost everyday) we dragged him out of bed to go to school. It’s been so much fun, so much work, and worry. It felt like such a relief to hit his milestone with him.



Challis has been a good kid and he has set some good examples for his brother and sister. They were proud to watch him as he walked to get his diploma. They both love him and look up to him



Here is getting his diploma. Whoohoooo! We cheered loud for him.



Here they are the SEA of GREEN, Clearfield High School’s graduating class of 2008.




This is the part where you get really emotional when they move their tassels from left to right, and they are seniors no more.......they are graduates.




Can you say SUN? Not that I’m complaining, of course. Here we are (our family) squinting into the sun after graduation.




The kids after graduation. I love this one because Chal is trying to put a smile on Corbin’s face. Corbin never smiles in pictures....he’s to cool for that. :)



Challis and Melissa. Have I told you that we really love Melissa? We do, each and everyone of us. :) Congrats to you both!



After graduation we went to McGrath’s Fish House. It was yummy. This is a picture of Steve my Mom (A.K.A. Grandpa and Grandma Dorman) and Challis.



The last pick is of us (Rick and Tiff), Challis, and Dick and Wendy (A.K.A. Grandpa and Grandma Gatten.)


1 comment:

The Larsons said...

Congrats! Sorry I have been slow to comment with baby #3 here, but loved all the posts. The interview was really a good idea. Love the year by year pictures. So fun! What a nice mom your are. I'm sure you made him feel so special. I have to say, you don't look old enough to have a graduate! Fun to have the grandparents around too!