Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Challis Gets A Car

Wow, his first car!
Photobucket
As some of you know, Rick and I have a rule when it comes to cars. You can not have a car until you have saved $2,000. When you have $2,000, we will match it, and you can finance an acceptable amount. Some people doubted that I would stick with it, but I did. I have this philosophy in life, nothing comes easy in life. You have to work hard for everything you get. No one will give you something for nothing. Anything worth having is worth waiting for. You always feel better if you’ve earned it. Trust and Responsibility are earned through trial. And lastly, those who work hard are rewarded with self-respect, and a little cash from Mom and Dad. :)
I’m proud of Challis. It took him 2 years to learn the lessons he needed to learn and save the money, but he got there. His car fits his personality and he’s really happy with it. I know he’s proud of himself too. We got a really good deal on it and it’s in great shape. I’m sure he’ll enjoy it. He got accepted to Weber St. yesterday, so he’s happy about that also.
Melissa, his girlfriend is in the pics too. She is happy for him, but isn’t sure about giving up all her driving power. She’s done all the driving for the past couple of years.
Congrats Chal, we love you.



3 comments:

Brynne said...

That is a great philosophy. Way to go with sticking to it! Looks like a good car and he will appreciate it more. Way to go, Challis!

The Larsons said...

I love that philosophy too. I just might do the same with my boys! Congrats on some college plans too!

Amber said...

Great job sticking to it. I need to come up with something like that too. Looks like a nice first car, good for Challis.