Thursday, December 4, 2008

Surgery and a new baby in the family

Today was the long awaited day of surgery for Corbin, and.....it went very well. He is eating and feeling pretty good. The surgery took a couple of hours, but they were able to scope the whole thing. That's something the Dr. was pretty sure he couldn't do because Corbin is so young. For those of you that don't know, Corbin has osteochondritis dissecans talus. He's done everything to avoid surgery, but nothing worked, so surgery was his last option. Anyhow, he's doing really well, and all the visits from pretty girls are really helping his spirits along with all the nice gifts (Bears, Candy, Silly Puddy, Cookies, Drinks, and a Colts blanket from Grandma and Grandpa)

He has a nerve block right now, so things won't be so rosy tomorrow night when the pain sets in. He has to be off it for 6 weeks. He should be fully recovered in a few months....So much better than the 1 year recovery we thought we were looking at. YEAH!

Below: Corb at the hospital. I forgot my camera, so it's from my phone....not the best quality.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Corbin and cute little Kortney
Photobucket

Some of his cute visitors
Photobucket
Just a side note. Rick's sister, Kim, is in the hospital ready to deliver her baby later tonight.

Kim had a baby girl. 19 inches, 6 lbs. 11 oz. Mother and baby are well. I know her name, but I'm not sure how to spell it. Danasha LeAnn, is our best guess on how to spell it.

4 comments:

awindowsillview said...

He looks so good...but look at those cute girls - how could he not have such a smile on his face! I'm glad all went well with his surgery, what a blessing - I'm sure he'll be well taken care of while he recovers.

Amber said...

How is Corbin today? Glad the surgery went well and tell Corbin we hope he gets better fast.
Congrats to Kim. My mom told me the baby's name but I'm not sure on the spelling either. Good guess though.

The Larsons said...

So glad his surgery went well. I would say he has a few cute girlfriends! :) Congrats to Kim. I am so glad they are healthy.

So I need your address for Christmas cards, Tiff. Email me at cassielarson16@yahoo.com

Looks like a very fun Thanksgiving! We sure missed being with family!

Gatten Gang said...

Hey Corbin, get better quick, don't you know vacations coming? Seriously, hope all is going well with the post surgery. Cute girl....stay away! They wll get you in trouble every time and they cost too darn much.
Luv ya, Aunt J