Sunday, December 14, 2008

Happy Birthday Star!

It was my sister, Star's, birthday yesterday, so I hosted a lunch to celebrate it. She's had a rough couple of weeks, so I wanted to do something special for her, and it was also an excuse to use my grandmother's china that I inherited after she passed away. I think my grandmother would be tickled pink that we used it and thought of her. I wanted to do a fancy "girls lunch" because my grandmother really liked to have a fancy table when she had company, and Star and I really love that kind of thing.
The Table.
Photobucket
The Food. Loaded Baked Potato Soup, grilled Baguettes with Herb Butter and Gouda, Raspberry Fluff Jell-O, assorted Veggies, Strawberry Pineapple Punch, and Holiday Tea in honor of my grandmother who loved a cup of tea.
Photobucket
The ever beautiful Star, and the extra beautiful Riley.
Photobucket
Channy, My Mom, ME, Kylee, Rylie, Star, and Jill (Star's sister-in-law) Thanks everyone.
Photobucket
Star.
Photobucket
Retta (Stars Mother-in-law), and Rylie
Photobucket
Babies are even more angelic when they sleep. I just love this little girl.
Photobucket
Happy Birthday Star. I hope you had a good time. I sure did, and thank you to all the girls who came. And a special thanks to my Mom who helped me in my last minutes of madness.
Photobucket

8 comments:

Amy Harrison said...

Wow, you do a beautiful party! Looks like it was wonderful. What cute babies. Sorry we missed you on our visit. Pretty booked this time. Maybe next time will work... Best wishes for the holidays.

awindowsillview said...

I'm finally getting back to checkin in on everyone...your sister is beautiful, just like you!! Sisters are the best gifts in the world! That table setting was gorgeous...I'm sure you're grandma was smiling down on you. Thanks for your concern for my sister, it means so much to me.

The Crisps said...

wow I wish I had China!

RETTJ16 said...

You are picture taking fool!! But they turned out amazing like always!! Happy Birthday Star, we love you!!

Sonya said...

Don't you just love sisters? You are an awesome big sis! Love the china...I'm a sucker for old patterns :). Want to throw me a party lol you do a great job!

heidi said...

Tell beautiful Star Happy Birthday- When you have a second, send me your address. hoping we can get together over x-mas- haven't heard back from anyone else.

heidi said...

PS- Way to go Martha!!!

RETTJ16 said...

PS Thanks again Tiff for having us!! It was fun!