Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Cookies and one year of bloging

It's A Tradition
Every year we have a cookie party at my house. The family gathers and we bake....a lot of cookies. And every year, we can't remember the "best" cookie recipe to use, or what the cookies really should look like when they are done. (maybe if we baked more than once a year, huh?) It never fails. My mother frets over whether they taste too floury, or too sweet, or too greasy. The woman is never happy with the taste, the recipe, or the doneness of the cookies. But, she is always happy to see her grandchildren roll out dough, be creative, and put way too many sugar sprinkles on one cookie. All and all everyone has a good time.

Photobucket
Cousins: Channy and Bowen
Photobucket
Corbin and Kortney
Photobucket

Anson
Photobucket
Grandpa and Kylee
Photobucket
Me, Mom, and Kristi
Photobucket
The kitchen
Photobucket
Corbin and Rick
Photobucket
The mess
Photobucket
The cookies
Photobucket
Grandma and Anson
Photobucket
Kortney and Corbin eat up.
Photobucket
The after party. Rock Band in the basement. All the little ones went to play Rock Band after, and there is a rumor that Grandpa even sang. Dang, I missed it.
Photobucket

The first post I did one year ago was of our Christmas cookie party. I can't believe it's been a year. I looked back over the past year of blog entries and I can't believe how many things I had forgotten we'd done. This bloging thing was a great idea. I'm glad I did it.

5 comments:

Joan said...

What a fun Christmas tradition! It looks like everyone had a blast! Loved the pictures.

Sonya said...

I'm impressed that you get the "older" kids to still decorate cookies :). Love your house by-the-way!! I'm glad you are blogging, it's fun to get to know you again. I was looking at pictures the other day and saw one of us all in flags (yes I said it)...remember the balloon pants?! I'm so glad clothes have changed lol!

Brynne said...

How fun! Those are very detailed decorators you have! They look SO yummy. I need some now. Thanks a lot.

Amber said...

Look at all those cookies. Yum. Great tradition idea. I wish we had more traditions here.
Blogging is my journal. I've had mine for almost 2.5 years now. It's neat to go back and see things I had forgotten, like you said.
And it's also funny now to see all the things I take pictures of that I never would of before.

Heather Gibb said...

Bring some to my house!!! I STILL remember loving your mom's cookies at Christmas time and have the recipe in my cookbook I took away to college w/me!!