Monday, September 29, 2008

Corbin's First High School Touchdown and Homecoming Week

Well, some of the moms and I started off Homecoming by making banners and filling balloons. Below are some of the moms who helped out. We had fun, and it sure brightened up the place.
Photobucket
Then it was on to the Sophomore game. Clearfield vs. Syracuse. It was a game I was pretty nervous about. Many of the kids were talking trash. Clearfield and Syracuse are big rivals. But, Corbin did really well, and made his first TOUCHDOWN! And my card was full (of course) so I missed my big photo op. The Syracuse Sophomore team beat Clearfield, and we were stoked! The Sophomore Team is now 4-1. Below: Corbin looks back for a pass during the game.
Photobucket
It wasn't bad enough for Clearfield that they lost.....NO, Corbin had to steal a Clearfield Cheerleader to top it off. Poor, poor Falcons.
Photobucket
Then the next day was the Homecoming Parade. Below Corbin (in Yellow) rides along. Later that night we went to the Varsity game. It was so packed! I've never seen anything like it. The Titan's beat the Falcons and everyone was happy. Varsity is now 5-1.
Photobucket
On Homecoming night Corbin and his friends came to the house for a group party...none of them are old enough to date or drive, so they ate, played football, played Rockband, and went to the Haunted Corn Maze. We really enjoyed having them. They are all great kids.


Photobucket
Above: I think this will be a popular shot at their 20 year reunion. Below: the whole group.
Photobucket

3 comments:

My name is Andrea said...

Love the shot of the boys, you'll need to be sure and make it available to the year book committee! Do you use blurb to print your blog? I looked into that and it seemed very time consuming. I want to print mine up, it has been a great journal/scrapbook! Congratulations, Titans!

Joan said...

Wow! What a great homecoming! Corbin looks so happy!

heidi said...

That's fun. It was homecoming week down here for Chase- what a good mom you were with the sign, doing the party, etc. Does make me miss HS. Also, I liked your comment about the pic for a HS reunion....spoken like someone who knows a thing or too about reunions. :)