Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Rick's 43

Happy Birthday Rick

It was Rick's Birthday yesterday (#43), and we really didn't do much. He worked all day. We had dinner and cake, and then he fell asleep on the couch watching Biggest Loser. But I thought it would be fun to see what the kids know about their dad and what else the had to say about him. So, here are the questions I asked the kids and their answers.

Challis-

What's dads favorite color? - Red

What's dads favorite food? - Spaghetti

What's dads favorite fruit? - Pear

What makes dad the most mad? - When he comes home and anyone is on the computer.

What's dad's favorite hobby? - Golf

What's the best time you ever had with your dad? - When we went to Disneyland

If your dad read a book what would he read? - The Bible, but he's more likely to read the news paper; He never reads books.

What food does your dad hate? - Cheese cake

Describe your dad in one word. - Hardworking

Corbin-

What's your dad's favorite sport? -Football

Does your dad like flowers? -I don't think so

What's the name of your dad's favorite restaurant? -Red Lobster

What's your dad's favorite TV show? -C.S.I.

Does your dad like chocolate ice cream or vanilla better? -Vanilla

What's your favorite thing to do with your dad? -Go camping

What chore around the house does your dad dislike most? -Cleaning the Toilets

What does your dad like in his pizza? -Shrimp and Pineapple

How many states and countries has your dad lived in? -2 Countries, and 5 States

Describe your dad in one word. - Fun

Chantel-

Does your dad like Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi? -Diet Coke

What is your dad's favorite kind of pie? -Key Lime

Where did your dad go to high school? -Ummm, Viewmont? *shoulder shrug*

What year was your dad born in? - 1965

What is your dads favorite veggie? - All Veggies

What does your dad do for fun? - Go Golfing

Who is your dad's best friend? -Steve Saddler!

What does your dad do when he is bored? - Watch TV

What is your favorite memory of your dad? - When I was little and he took me to Surf n Swim.

Describe your dad in one word - Awesome!

Tiffany-

What I have to say about Rick.

Rick is more than my husband, he's my best friend. The things I think people should know about him: He works harder than anyone I know. He never rests even at home. He does chores while he watches TV. He has more energy than anyone I know, but when he sits down...he falls asleep. He is willing to do anything around the house to help out, and I do mean anything...even the toilets. He's a clean freak. He likes everything in it's place. He is organized, even if no one else in our house is. He's incredibly intelligent. I think he could learn to do anything, and do it better than the person who taught him. I'm so glad he's here to help my kids with all the hard school stuff, but he's not very artistic. He's very healthy. He has great willpower when it comes to eating, and is very active...OK, he's a much better runner than I am...there I said it! He's very sensitive. He's a great dad. He feels deeply for our family, and is emotionally tied to each of us. He's a problem solver and a handyman, whether it's stuff around the house, relationships, or stuff at work, he'll find a way to fix things. He's short tempered, but that's gotten better over the years. He's not patient. If he wants it done...it should be done right away. He's fair. After things calm down, he's the first to apologize, and is very forgiving. He's quiet. He's not a man of many words. He is honorable. He conducts himself honorably at all times. His character is beyond reproach. But, most of all he loves me no matter what, and I love who he is. Happy Birthday Honey!

6 comments:

Amber said...

Happy birthday Rick. That was a nice tribute to him. He is a great guy. We will see you guys on Sunday.

heidi said...

Wow that is so sweet! I hope I'm talking that sweet about Dave after we've been married a while! Happy B-day Rick! Tiff, can I just say you are totally connected in the blog, facebook, staying connected gig- how do you do it? Your blog is great. I'll add you to my list so I can keep checking it out. Yes, heather told me about today- too funny! Sorry I can't be there for lunch but tell Leslie hi! Heidi

Brynne said...

Happy Birthday, Rick! Cute post. Sounds like such a great dad and husband. By the way, I think you got a rare one on your hands with the clean freak thing. :)

The Larsons said...

What a fun post. HAPPY BIRTHDAY RICK! I can't wait to interview my kids on Andrew's next birthday! He sounds like a great help to have around. So sorry about the "bad streak" you've been on. We've kind of felt the same way. We had to replace our breaks on our car... get 1 new tire with a flat that couldn't be repaired, and then a few days later the hard drive on our desktop died.... we didn't lose any info, but will have to get a new hard drive. I really start to agree with the saying "when it rains, it pours." Love you guys ton. Hope things are already on the ups for you!

Sonya said...

Ok Tiff, you made me cry! What a sweet way to express yourself! Are you sure you're not a writer :). Happy belated birthday!

Heather Gibb said...

Wow what a sweet post! I'm glad you are so happy and have such a great man!!!