Saturday, April 26, 2008

Striders 30k (18.4 miles)

WE DID IT!!!!!! AND MISSY TOOK 3rd IN HER AGE DIVISION! YOU ROCK MISSY!

What a race. I have to tell you....I'm tired. The pic below is what's left of our group that signed up for the Striders Winter Training Circuit. It was 5 races, and 51 miles of snow, ice, cold, wind and hills, but our minds and bodies endured. It was quite and adventure; And I'm glad we did it.
Photobucket

Above: Craig, Me, Missy, Teresa, and Lisa.

The race started at 7:30 a.m. This is a pic of me, Lisa, and Teresa. We rode up together. I have to be honest....I wanted to quit before it started....it was FREEZING! I got a "good luck" call from Rick before the race, with a reminder not to drop my jacket. Because he was not going to be able to save me this time, as he was at work.

I had a great run. The best part of the race was at about mile 4. A bunch of horses put on a spectacular show running down the fields. It was really beautiful with the mountains and the horses. It warmed up a bit, and I felt really strong until the last couple of miles. I was able to make up some time and thought possibly, possibly I could sneak back into 3rd place, but no... I finished 4th in my age group. I’m still proud anyhow.

I’m most proud of Lisa though. She had a tough run. Her eyes filled with tears when she saw her hubby at the finish line. I’ve been there. When you have a run like that, you know you gave everything you had and more. That’s something to be proud of. I also have to give kudos to Craig for running with his wife (Missy) and supporting her through the race. What a good husband. I just put this pic of Craig and Missy in cuz, they look so good.....NOT! The girl on the far left (Heidi) robed me of 3rd place in my age division. Soooo happy for her. :]

At the race I saw a friend from high school. This is me and her (Sheri). It's always fun to see an old friend.


After the race at Red Moose Lodge. Everyone chillin' before the awards. Here is my time and the times of some of the rockin' people I know.

Not posted yet. But my Unofficial time is 2:45 or about a 8:50 minute pace, and I’m always happy as long as I stay under 9 min miles.

Official Times: I finished 84th over all, 17th women's over all, and 4th in my age.

84 Tiffany Gatten 575 39 4 F 35-39 2:45:25.7 8:52/M
122 Teresa Odekirk 663 46 3 F 45-49 2:54:08.1 9:21/M

131 Missy Nichols 660 40 5 F 40-44 2:55:59.4 9:26/M 132 Craig Nichols 661 42 20 M 40-44 2:56:00.9 9:27/M

48 Lisa Stofferahn 714 40 7 F 40-44 3:06:38.3 10:01/M



1 comment:

Amber said...

Great job..again. You make me want to run even though I never thought I would do a marathon. Maybe someday. How did you like your new shoes?