Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Fieldtrip!

S.L.C. Library, Abravanel Hall (Utah Symphony,) The Gateway, and Clark Planetarium.

The bus ride......What fun (I brought my iPod.) It's been a long time since I sang: BINGO, The Wheels on the Bus, 100 Bottles of “Root beer” On the Wall, and Old McDonald. Can I just say, I hadn’t missed it. :] It’s a long ride from Syracuse to S.L.C. Thank goodness for that iPod. Man, those kids are loud! In Rick's words, "Better you than me. Have fun Honey." But, look how happy Channy is.....;)

The Library…..I have one word for the Library B…O…R…I…N…G! That’s right! I said it! It’s a good thing they spent serious money on the glass elevators, cuz that’s about all we did there. They were kinda fun…if you didn’t get stopped at every floor.
This pic is of my group of girls on the roof : Lila, Chantel, Andrea, Hanna.


The girls goofin' off.

Fun in the glass elevator. Wheeeeeeeeeee!


Glass wall. I guess the glass wall was kinda fun too.


Hug (me and Channy)
My darling Channy.

The Symphony


They look so excited. The girls were BORED with the Symphony, until the conductor entertained them with his crazy flailing arms. Then they started laughing, and I had to ground Chantel to make her stop……After that…..there were no more hugs…..

Not so happy anymore .... Can you tell?

Clark Planetarium
The girls pay homage to the first astronaut .

We ate at the fountains at the Gateway, and the day came to an end. I’m so dang tired. I could sleep for a week. And my feet are killing me. Why did I wear 3 inch heels? Stupid! Chantel’s teacher, Mrs. Wood, thanked us and invited us to sign up for the next field trip at Surf-n-Swim…..Yeah, maybe…….and maybe not. I think that would be a fun one for Rick. :)

1 comment:

Amber said...

I can't believe you did all those things in one field trip...my gosh, how did all the kids and you survive? It looks like you guys made it fun though. Our field trips are either the plantetarium or the symphony, never both and never all three. Great pics, especially the ones of you and Channny. I'd say send Rick on the next one too..I'm making Joe goe to cub scout day camp this year, been there done that and now it is his turn to spend the day sweating to death, filthy, and trying to control a bunch of boys.