Sunday, April 5, 2009

One Of Us Kicked #$% And One Of Us Got Our #$% Kicked!

Strider's 1/2 Marathon.

Fist of all. I'd like to give a big shout out to my dear friend Craig for providing the pictures for this entry. Only a DEAR friend would insure all the pictures of me would show me in the best light. Thanks Craig....No, no...really.

Photobucket

Well, Let's start with the good news...because the bad news is clearly about me. :) I guess the best news was about the weather. The storm that was expected didn't really pan out. We had some snow flurries, but the snow that was expected on the road was non existent...great news right? Wrong, because the head wind made you feel like you weren't even moving, and that's really hard on your head. However Rick apparently didn't seem to notice much because he finished with a time of 1:39:18 a 7:34 sec average mile time. I am always in aww. He's a great runner and I'm really proud of him. He was a little disappointed because of the headwind. In all honesty it did slow him down....it slowed down everyone. But his goal was was to finish in double diggets (meaning in under 100 minutes) and he did. Way to go baby!

Photobucket
A picture truly worth a 1000 words.....But, I'll try to keep it to a minimum. Well, as you can see the breakfast after rocked. Strider's put on the best breakfast they've ever done, and I was grateful there was something good about the @#$% race. Because my race sucked! My worst 1/2 time ever....I'm kind of getting sick of writing that line. I've been sick for 3 weeks, and I didn't have great expectations from the beginning, but my goal was to finish all of my races better than last years.....and that just didn't happen. My left IT Band was more a hinderance than the cold that had moved to my lungs. I had to stop and walk a lot, but I didn't quit like I wanted, so I guess that'll have to be what I'm proud of, because finishing 2:04 is not a proud moment for me.

Photobucket
Craig and Missy.
Craig said he hit a wall at mile 5, and I know his pain....however, looking at his time, I don't think he walked like me. 1:45. Missy, who is always amazing, and I have nothing but respect for finished 1:57, and I'm really proud of her.

Photobucket
Teresa, and Missy.
I bow to Teresa. She is a great runner, and so consistant. I think it's her possitive attitude that makes her great. She finished 1:57 also. I really wish I could have stayed with her and Missy because they always inspire me.

My running friend Stacy was on her way to Mexico, and she didn't miss a thing. And my running friend Becky isn't running this year because she's pregnant, and I'd rather run 10 marathons than be pregnant.

The rest of the day Rick and I spent on the couch in front of the the TV. Asking ourselves the same question everyone else asks us.....Why the hell do we do this to ourselves?......We're still not sure.


P.S. My foot has started it's annual "fall apart". The question above becomes stronger for me as it becomes more and more raw....hope you're not eating. ;)
Photobucket

9 comments:

The Larsons said...

Oh Tiff. I am so sorry you are so sad and frustrated. I find it amazing that you are such an amazing runner to begin with. AND... to have that be your worst time ever, is just amazing to me... cause my time was even worse than that. :) That's a positive for you. :) I am so sorry it was such a miserable day. Don't let it get you down! Those feet though... you poor thing! Oh... and there are plenty of good reasons you do what you do. I promise they out-weigh any negatives! For one... you look amazing!

My name is Andrea said...

Way to go, I'm proud that you went in the cold and the wind!! You HAVE to be pleased with finishing, even if you didn't "improve" there were extenuating circumstances! Your feet look like they hurt, though...

awindowsillview said...

Tiff...you are rock solid! I am in awe of you, your strength and your endurance. I love that you and Rick do these races together - you guys truly are inspirational. One day I'll get back out there and run - it seems I have hit a huge wall and cannot get over it...one day!!

Rose said...

A headwind and being sick at the same time does not sound fun. But, you did it. You are amazing.

This is us. said...

Man that foot looks bad! No wonder yesturday was a bad day. I think it is so great you do these races. I really need to look into doing one. You inspire me.:)

Sonya said...

Hey your foot doesn't look as bad as last year's toe :). That's postive, right? Ya'll make me want to curl up on the couch and eat oreos...but I can understand your dissappointment. Blame it on the lousy weather, cause you rock!

Amy Harrison said...

OUCH! That doesn't look pleasant. I think it's amazing you do what you do. Way to go!

Tyler and Mikin Morton said...

YOU ROCK! NO NEED TO GET DOWN, YOU HAVE RUN MORE MILES THAN MOST PEOPLE DRIVE ON A SATURDAY. YOU ARE SO COMMITTED AND THAT IS WHAT IS INSPIRATIONAL. YOU INSPIRE MANY AND I AM WONDERING HOW MY BODY WILL GO 10 MILES THIS SATURDAY?!?!? YOU ARE AMAZING AND I JUST PRAY YOU KNOW THAT. GREAT JOB TO YOU AND RICK. MAYBE WE WILL SEE YOU RAFTING THIS SUMMER? TAKE CARE.

Tyler and Mikin Morton said...

YOU ROCK! NO NEED TO GET DOWN, YOU HAVE RUN MORE MILES THAN MOST PEOPLE DRIVE ON A SATURDAY. YOU ARE SO COMMITTED AND THAT IS WHAT IS INSPIRATIONAL. YOU INSPIRE MANY AND I AM WONDERING HOW MY BODY WILL GO 10 MILES THIS SATURDAY?!?!? YOU ARE AMAZING AND I JUST PRAY YOU KNOW THAT. GREAT JOB TO YOU AND RICK. MAYBE WE WILL SEE YOU RAFTING THIS SUMMER? TAKE CARE.