Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Up and Running

Painters 5K

I had a wonderful weekend. I went to St. George with friends (Stacy S., Teresa O., and Missy N.) to run. I've had a sore hip, so I just ran the 5K, but my friends ran the 1/2. I felt great and had a good run. I was proud of myself. I think I ran my fastest 5K ever (24:18) and took 3rd place in my age division. After my race I ran backwards on the 1/2 marathon route to run my friends in. I had a great time. They are strong inspiring women. I'm so lucky to know them. We stayed at my friend Missy's beautiful condo, got in the hot tub, sat in the sun, and I ate a ton of crap. I really enjoyed myself. Thanks girls.

Here is my little medal. Corbin's been making fun of my "old lady" medal.....Whatever! I'd like to see him do it.


Photobucket

10 comments:

Rose said...

I am finally going to enter my first race. I am going to do a 10K with my sister in Rexburg in June. You inspire me.

My name is Andrea said...

35-39 isn't the old lady medal! Next year you will be in the 40-60 age group! :o) Tell Corbin he should be so lucky as to be in as good of shape as you are when he is 39! I think that is awesome! Great job, Tiff.

Sonya said...

Hey you've inspired me too lady! 39 is nothing! You should challenge the kiddo to a race :). Congrats on doing a great job!

heidi said...

Way to go...you ROCK! Heather says your a great example at Boot Camp...thanks for motivating her (maybe you can do the same for me when I move up there!) :) Congrats on placing 3rd.

That was fun over the holidays...i'm bummed we didn't get any pics so we could blog about it. ha ha

Anonymous said...

Hi Tiff! I'm somewhat back in the blog of life and had to check in on one of my favs!! Looks like you've been up to a lot of good fun and wwwaaaayyy to much exercise!! Good for you!

Gunner said...

Congratulations Tiff! I just started running again. Again in training for 1/2's or full's or what ever! Plan on us coming up there for the superbowl party. give us a call and let us know what you want us to bring and what time you want us to be there! Tom

Amber said...

You make me want to run soooo bad. However, I'm just not a runner...well, maybe I can be. Anyway, congrats. 3rd place is awesome. So glad you had a weekend away with friends.
When did you start running? Have you always or just the last few years?

Amy Harrison said...

That's great - congratulations! I need to get myself in gear and start doing something again.

Travis said...

In the 40+ group this year! So I signed up for Striders WRC. Maybe, just maybe I'll hit the 30k club.

How have you been Tiff?

Brynne said...

Good for you! Corbin needs to shut his pie hole about the old lady stuff. He should HOPE his future wife looks as great as you do now. :)