Monday, January 5, 2009

Fish are Friends....NOT FOOD!

McGrath's Fish House for Corbin's Birthday.

Chantel kept telling us, "Fish are friends, not food." She was eating a hamburger. The rest of us had seafood. She also had this seafood joke for us. "So, the last time I was at Sea World I was thinking, why do they have seafood restaurants at Sea World? Then I looked at my fish sandwich and thought, This fish could have been a slow learner." She's a funny one.

This was the first chance we had to celebrate Corbin's birthday as a family (Challis had to work), and as a tradition we eat out at the birthday persons choice of restaurant. Corbin loves clam chowder, but I always wonder why he chooses McGrath's for his birthday. He hates when they come and make you wear the fish on your head, or maybe he really likes it and he's faking it.....


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Today was a proud moment for us. Challis went to his first classes at Weber St. University. We are really proud of him. He is a really hard worker, and I know he'll do well. When I go into Smiths his coworkers and superiors always tell me how much they appreciate what a good worker he is. Good luck at school Challis. We all love you so much.

Photobucket

6 comments:

Gatten Gang said...

Good luck Challis. We are very proud of your desire to work hard and go school. It is so much easier when you are young! Keep up the good work.

Happy Birthday Corbin! Stay away from all the girls though. They just cost money and fight over you. Ha!

Rose said...

We go to the birthday person's choice of restuarant for their birthday, too. Finally the kids are getting old enough that the choice is not always McDonalds. I love Chantel's fish jokes. She's a cutie.

Amber said...

Tiff, we are free that week Dick and Wendy are in town so you let us know what is best. We can come there or here or whatever.
I need to start the tradition of getting to choose where they eat for their birthdays too...new year new thing to start.
This may sound like a stupid question, but I'm trying to figure out how to get a picture on the top of my blog like you have. Maybe I can figure it out, I've been playing around with new templates. It's about time I changed mine, after 2 years of blogging.
I DVR'd Oprah so thanks for the tip.

Sonya said...

So I'm not letting my girls read this post LOL...fish is on the menu this week and they are already complaining! I want to wear the fish hat; how cool is that? You give me hope that when the wee ones are teens they'll still like to hang out with mom and pop :).

Joan said...

Happy birthday to Corbin - loved the fish hat!! I'm guessing McGraffs makes good clam chowder? I'll have to check it out next time I'm in SL.
Way to go, Challis! Good luck at Weber.

Heather Leigh said...

As always, I love your pics...my favorite though is the fish hat (it's a small price to pay for a good seafood dinner...especially when Dad's paying for dinner hee hee). I love Channy's fish jokes.

Good luck at WSU Challis!

BTW Tiffany, you left a comment on my blog and I thought I'd let you know, I figured it out...I started to post on 12/18 and left it as a draft so when I finally posted it, you got it asap.Technology...don't you just love it?