Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Syracuse Heritage Days.

Everyone Loves A Parade....
Well everyone except my brother-in-law Jeff. And he came anyway because my sister made him.

We mostly came to see my niece Kylee, Chantel and Jeff's mom Retta who were on a float. But, it's great fun to celebrate with your community. Hometown parades show off the local businesses, schools, and give you a feeling of it's spirit and heritage. Like most Utah parades there's candy, horses, queens, and fire engines. The kids really love it.

Below is the float Chantel, Kylee, and Retta were on. Retta is walking in the green shirt.

My niece Kylee is in the center of the pic in the pink dress.

Chantel felt like a princess waiving to the crowd.

Seriously, where else can you enter your grandchildren and show um' off?

Yeah, it's Utah for sure...Everyone wave to the missionaries.

Syracuse is still a farming community. You can go to the farmers market on Saturday mornings.

This is why Corbin came...Cheerleaders. ;)

The Syracuse High Football team...Go Titans!

Hometown is all about family.

Here are Jeff and Star (my sister). Jeff hates parades if you remember.

Here are my Mom, Steve (who loves a good parade), Jeff, Star, Riley.

Darren and Corbin came to be seen.

My Mom, Star, and Riley


1 comment:

Brynne said...

Looks like fun! Love the pictures. I can see the resemblence with your sister! By the way, I DON"T have very much time on my hands...that's what shows how obsessed I got. I basically put life (and sleep) on hold for a week! haha. I'm a nerd.