Monday, July 14, 2008

Rafting in Montana

Thanks to Rick’s uncle (Steve) and his family, Rick and Corb got to go rafting over the 4th of July holiday. Boy did they have fun! Corbin had never been before and he’s hooked. He just couldn’t stop telling me stories after he got home. Rick had a fun time also. They rafted down the Clark Fork River, Camped, watched fireworks, and enjoyed visiting with the family. They also did some cliff diving. I don’t have pics of that right now, so I’ll have to post that later. Anyhow, here are some pics.Photobucket
Corbin and Rick are at the front of the raft.Photobucket
Below, Corbin in all of his gear, as Hayliann (his second cousin), and Rick look on.
Photobucket
Corbin takes in the view of the river they rafted on.

This was a big group that went. I think around 70 family members. It really looks like fun....wish I would have gone. Rick and Corb were in charge of their own food...I bet it wasn't the best part of the trip. :) I'm told Corbin even ate a bug. It's a funny story you'll have to ask him about it.

Corbin is in the back of the picture helping Uncle Steve load stuff while some of the grandkids wait for their turn to raft.

The picture below is why I really don’t like to go camping.....”Super” Solar Shower...they’re kidding right?
Here is Corbin on the way home. He’s worn right out. Bet that hurt his neck. But you can see how he cradles his phone as he sleeps. I really don’t know how he made it without reception for so long.
Thank you Steve Gatten Family, you all ROCK!

3 comments:

The Larsons said...

I am so glad they got to go! And even more glad they had fun! I wish I were there too! :)

RETTJ16 said...

That looks like it was really fun!! Beautiful pictures!

Amber said...

This makes me want to go too. How fun! I can't believe Corbin made it that long without a cell phone either. Glad they had a good time.