Saturday, September 12, 2009

Run For Your Heart

Run...Swim....Bike

Well, I've done a few races this year that I haven't talked about, so here goes.

Woman of Steel:
I did this race in the spring, but I didn't get a chance to talk about it because....Rick erased my pictures, and I had to wait until Rachel sent me one. This was my first tri. It was a mini tri. I'd never make it on a real one. I just can't swim all that well. It was a 300 meter swim (don't laugh), 12.4 bike, and 5K run. I did it in 1:20. It was fun. I made a new friend Angela Porter during all of this. She helped me train for the swimming. We would swim at 9:00 pm. and it about killed me. I also met Angela's friend Rachel. We had fun hanging out and carb-loading the night before. Here we are just after the race.
Rachel, Angela, me.
Photobucket

Top of Utah:
So, then I helped Angela out a bit. She decided to run her first 1/2 marathon, so I thought it would be fun to go along and support her. We did Top of Utah 1/2 marathon. We stayed at Rachel's house the night before, and I got to know her and some of her awesome friends. We carb-loaded and laughed all night long. It was a great time. I'm so happy I went. It was a great race and I would love to do it again next year. Angela's time was 2:16. I was so proud of her. She did so well. Here we are at the start, and a couple from the race.
Me and Angela on the bus ride up to the top.
Photobucket
Top of Utah
Photobucket
The people on our bus. They thought I was crazy. They loved my flash going off while they were still 1/2 asleep.
Photobucket
Our group up at the top.
Photobucket
Rachel and her sister Leslie running
Photobucket
It really was a beautiful race, and I'm totally doing it again.
Photobucket
Thanks Rachel for letting us stay at your darling home. I enjoyed myself so much.

The Classic:

I did this race today and maybe I'll add a pic if I ever find one. So many of my great workout friends ran this race: Stacy Strong, Teresa Odekirk, Steph Buckway, Lois and Mike Cattleman, and Leesa Stofferahn. I loved this race. You do all the up hill at the start...my kind of race. My unofficial time is 50:24. I can't wait to run again with my friends in the Snow Canyon 1/2.

4 comments:

My name is Andrea said...

You amaze me. You look great. I wish I could like running. And I have a few lbs to lose!!! I just can't exercise in this hot humid soup. Argh!!! Can't wait to see pic's from today!

Rachel said...

I'm so glad that you came and stayed at my house...I think that we should make it tradition for the TOU 1/2. It was fun! I would love copies of all of your pics from the half when you get time. Good luck on the Snow Canyon 1/2. You are an awesome runner!

Sonya said...

Tiff you amaze me! I really don't know where you find the time, but I can imagine you'd kick start my butt if I lived closer :). Congrats on all you've accomplished!

Brynne said...

You are a machine, lady! Awesome. :)