Monday, March 16, 2009

Rick Can Kill The Hills!




I'm really amazed every time Rick runs the hills. There are some really, really steep ones in the race we ran this weekend, and Rick can run up them like they are flat ground. 10 long miles of hills is what the race was, and I'm not looking forward to doing it again ever! Rick had a killer time of 1:14:03 that's a 7:25 min mile pace. I dare ya to go run it on flat ground let alone ugly, steep, hills.

I ran a 1:27:27 which I'm really proud of. I finished with a better time than last year, and I really thought I couldn't improve on my time. I felt like crap for 2 days after, but I did it.

I know we have some family members running 1/2 marathons in the next couple weeks, and I'm really cheering for them. Good luck. There's nothing like accomplishing something you've worked so hard for, and running makes you feel so good about yourself. If you haven't run before or in a long time, I recommend getting off the couch and putting on a good pair of shoes.....After all Spring starts on Friday!

7 comments:

Tyler and Mikin Morton said...

You are so inspiring and I love getting to know you for the first time, really... kind of funny, eh!? Well, mine is the 16th of May, with Liz Gatten, and Cassie is busting hers out next Saturday! Kind of addicting. I still do not know if I love the running, or just the time alone. Either way it feels good to get out and get some of this weight off. Like you said, get off the couch. You rock.

Amber said...

I can't understand how men do so well when women train forever and are just lucky to finish.
I am almost convinced to run but I still would rather do sports instead..maybe someday. I think all you runners are amazing though. I love reading all the race updates.

Rose said...

Yeah, Spring! I can't wait. Hills are a killer. You guys are awesome.

Sonya said...

You are inspiring! I'm not running now though :(. Dr.'s orders. I have diabetes which sucks and my knee has fluid in it. I guess I'll have to stick to walking for now :).

Brynne said...

You are so motivational! I just started running again. Up to 4 miles! I think I might do a half marathon in May with the fam. Who knows. It does make you feel good, though! You are so awesome

Brynne said...

p.s. Jon has always been a WAY better hill climber than me, too...even when he is out of shape. What's up with that?!

Brooke G said...

Yes, you are inspiring!!! keep the training hints coming! And you are right, Rick is amazing. I can't believe he ran 7:25 up hills. Like Amber said, I am just lucky to finish!! :)