Sunday, February 8, 2009

Striders 5K

If you want to be a faster runner.....You should run faster! Some great advice I read. :)

Rick and I ran the first of our Strider's Winter Racing Circuit Races. It turned out to be a great day. It was supposed to rain and snow, but it ended up being beautiful....thank goodness. This race is a 5K that feels like a 10K. It's got a ton of hills and it killed my calves. My goal was to get a better time than I did last year, and I did improving by 12 seconds, and Rick's goal was pretty much.... just finish as fast as he can, and he did. He had a great time. He finished 8th in his age category and I finished 4th in mine. We have a lot of running to do to train for our next run...It's a hilly 10K. Yippie!
Rick's time 22:19
Tiff's time 25:36

Photobucket

8 comments:

Gunner said...

Nice work the both of you! Rick, you know, you could smile! Good luck on your next race!

My name is Andrea said...

Wow, Tiff, great job!! You should be very proud of yourself. I admire your dedication! Congrats!

The Larsons said...

That is AWESOME! Run faster... why didn't I think of that?! :)

To answer your question... it is going good. I haven't missed a run (due to the advice of my expert :) ) So, I ran 7miles Sat. It is going good. We got a running group together, and I ran with them for the first time Sat. It was fun. We aren't fast, but it wasn't near as hard as I was thinking it would be (I had nightmares the night before :) ). We did it in 1hr12min and talked the whole time. One of the runners was a 66 year-old ultra runner. She's done two 100 milers. She was fun to listen too! Wish we could run together! And Brooke!

Sonya said...

ROFL...run faster...how bout just try and run in my case. You two are so dang cute! Congrats on the times :).

Rose said...

Good job! Those hills don't sound fun.

Amber said...

Great job guys. You have ALMOST made me decide to start running.

kibs said...

Awsome! How does Rick feel knowing you are right behind him. Next time kick his butt!!!!

This is us. said...

I so miss your parties. I need to come and visit you.