Sunday, January 3, 2010

A Wonderful Holiday Season with a Facebook Christmas Miracle

Where last I left off I was baking cookies with the family, but what you didn't know was....I'd found my long lost sisters....ON FACEBOOK!  That's right.  I facebooked my sister, Kim Edgar, that I'd wondered about and googled unsuccessfully in past years, and found her in Denver Co.  And in finding her I found my sister Tony  Plexico and my sister Jennie Furse.  It was a little scary at first but eventually after much email I met Jennie and her darling family for the first time up at her home in Lehi.  I think she's darling and I've enjoyed getting to know her.  Here is a picture of the two of us,Jennie and I.

This was our first Christmas with Challis living away, but he came home to spend the night.  Rick and I both said how good it was to have him home for the night and have us all together.  We opened Christmas PJ's Christmas Eve and played a couple of games...Just like the old days.  It was a really fun night.

Chantel
Corbin


Challis
Then the next morning woke up to the kids laughter, and open our Christmas gifts.  We all got wonderful things, but our favorite is a cruise to Mexico in January.  We can hardly wait.

Channy got her first cell phone and clothes.
Corbin got a new cell phone and clothes.
Challis got cash and clothes.
Later Christmas morning we had a yummy brunch at our house with  my mom and Steve, my sister Star and her family, and Star's mother and father-in-law.


Rick worked clean-up all day long.  He's the best husband EVER!  Thanks honey. :)


Then we played games and enjoyed each others company.
Kylee (my niece and me)
Wii Bowling
Grandpa Dorman, Channie, and Chal
Chal and me.

It was a wonderful Christmas.  We were so happy to have everyone there.

7 comments:

Amber said...

It's amazing you found more of your family.
Fun Christmas for you guys. I think Challis looks just like Rick! Beautiful table setting and what a great guy Rick is for doing all those dishes:)

Rose said...

What a fun day. I loved the table also. It was beautiful.

The Crisps said...

Wow, this makes me curious to hear your story of your family.

My name is Andrea said...

I've been seeing your new sis on FB and wondering about it...so happy you were able to hook up. And Tiff, your Christmas table is beautiful! How fun to have everyone over!

Brooke G said...

Great Christmas pics!! You look beautiful, as usual!!! Sorry, but I don't know your family story...you are not adopted, are you???

This is us. said...

I bought Casin the same jammies Corbin got. How funny. Looks like you had a great Christmas. Have fun in Mexico. Im jealous!

Joan said...

I'm so glad you had such a special Christmas. Your Christmas miracle is awesome! I love your blog & all the cool pictures!