Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Who are you at the ZOO?

Rick's Work Party

Rick's work did a work party at the Hogle Zoo this past weekend. You can really tell our family is getting older. Chantel was the only one we could get to go with us, and the deal breaker was that she had to be able to bring a friend, so Montana came with us.

The party started off with a little face painting. You could be painted like any animal in the zoo. I have to say, the people were quite talented. The girls looked really cute.
Channy getting painted
Photobucket
Photobucket
Montana
Photobucket
Both girls
Photobucket

I enjoyed the zoo. I love looking at all the animals, but I do feel kinda bad that they are all caged up for my viewing pleasure. Still I do have my favorites.

The Meerkat: I am fascinated by the Meerkats. I became addicted to this show I started watching at my many visits to the Dr.'s office with Corbin. It's called Meerkat Manor, and it's on Animal Planet. Seriously, it's like an animal soap opera. Love it! So, I had to take a pic of this little guy.
Photobucket
The Giraffes : They are the coolest; Those long necks are amazing. There was a new baby with her mom, and I could have stayed all day and watched. They were so dang cute. I got a pic of this little nuzzle. What a loving moment.
Photobucket

Bears and Elephants: As a kid the bears were my favorite, but they never move. We had after hours passes, so the animals were up and moving, so that was fun for a change. I was most excited to see the new baby elephant that was recently born at the zoo, but, NO! They did not have her out. There were a few animals missing that used to be there. My all time favorite was the Hippopotamus. I love how fat they are, but Hogle Zoo got rid of there hippo, and I missed it terribly.
Photobucket
Photobucket

We also had dinner and watched bird show, but the girls said the best thing was the Merry-go-round. They rode it over and over, and over.
Photobucket

Rick and me at the bird show.
Photobucket

It turned out to be a fun time and Corbin must have missed us after all because he sure called a lot. :)
Photobucket

3 comments:

Amy Harrison said...

Love the face painting! Looks like a great day.

Sonya said...

I love the Zoo! You and Rick are so cute :). I'm finally checking out blogs again...love your new background and pics!

Rose said...

I love the face painting, too. I wish I could paint like that.